Terms and Conditions
Landlordy is distributed by E-protect under Apple's standard software license for iOS apps - the App Store Licensed Application End User License Agreement (EULA).
The summary below highlights some of the key points of this EULA:
1) App is licensed, not sold, to you. You get a non-transferable license to use the App on any iPhone, iPad or iPod touch that you own or control.
2) You may not redistribute the App (e.g. on a network, where it could be used by multiple users) or resell it.
3) Do not copy, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or try to access or modify the source code of the App. If you do, your license may be terminated, and you may be subject to prosecution and damages.
4) E-protect may change, suspend, remove, disable or limit access to any services offered by E-protect, or third-parties, at any time without notice, and without liability.
5) App comes with NO WARRANTY; it is provided on "as is" and "as available" basis. You use it at your own risk. E-protect is not liable for any losses or damages suffered by you, direct indirect or consequential, by your use of the App.
Landlordy app is software, it is complex and may contain bugs (we are really sorry if you have experienced one). While we are doing our best we cannot guarantee that our software will function in all situations and circumstances.
Data in the Landlordy app is private and it is stored only on your mobile device. We do not store or process your (and your tenant) data on our servers. (Data in Landlordy might also be automatically saved in Apple's iCloud as part of iCloud backup of your device if you have enabled iCloud backup and there is enough free space for backup in your iCloud account).
Landlordy app does not store any usernames and passwords you use to connect to any Third Party (e.g. Dropbox) - username and password you provide when you log in is not stored in the app, but is directly passed to the relevant Third Party service (further on - Third Parties).
If you are granting Landlordy app access to your Dropbox (for backup/restore purposes), Landlordy has access rights only for app subfolder within your Dropbox/Apps folder, not your entire Dropbox.
Certain features of the Landlordy app allow you to interact and share information with Third Parties and other applications (e.g. backup/export app data to Dropbox or share rent invoice with tenant using WhatsApp). If you decide to share your information with any Third Party from your device, E–protect privacy policies will not apply - any information those websites or applications collect may be stored, processed or sent to other Third parties. Third Parties have their own privacy policies that you should review and agree with.
Certain non-person identifiable information (with IP address anonymized) about your use of Landlordy app (e.g. frequency and duration of usage, significant events and encountered errors if application has crashed etc.) are shared (together with general information about your device - model, operating system version etc.) with Third parties that provide analytics and crash logging services to help us understand how Landlordy app is used, identify problems early on and improve Landlordy app experience in future.
You can opt-out from sharing this information with us from the Landlordy app About-Privacy section (available since app version 1.9).
If you have subscribed to app newsletter, your email address is saved within our newsletter service and will be used only for delivering newsletter and will not be shared with other companies or services. If you choose to stop receiving newsletter, please follow the unsubscribe instructions within each email communication or send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Landlordy app newsletter service is provided by MailChimp.
If you have sent email to email@example.com, your email address is saved within our helpdesk service and will be used only for answering your questions and will not be shared with other companies or services. For Landlordy helpdesk service we use HelpScout.
When your are browsing Landlordy website, small files (known as "cookies") are saved onto your device to collect analytic information about how users browse the site by our analytics service (and to remember that you already have seen our "cookie message").
Internet address of your computer, tablet or phone is anonymized in the analytics service we use and these cookies are not used to identify you personally. You can opt-out of analytic cookies.
Changes and Updates
In case of a business transaction in which a portion or all of E-protect business is acquired, we will notify you as described above in this paragraph.
Updated September 19, 2019
• Updated Terms and Conditions section with link to App Store Licensed Application End User License Agreement (EULA) and short EULA summary.
Updated October 1, 2018
• Updated with crash logging service (HockeyApp) that is used since app version 1.9.3. App versions 1.9.2 and below still uses Crashlytics for collecting data about app errors/crashes.
Updated April 21, 2018
• Added information about opting-out from crash data/analytics sharing.
• Added information about IP address anonymization in analytics.
Updated February 17, 2018
• Added information about third parties (with links to their privacy policies) that are used to provide Landlordy customer support, newsletter and analytics services.